To keep the Novell Client from
sending an Inform:
Novell Client 3.0.x on
1) Update client on
windows 95/98 Novell version 3.1.0 or higher
2) Select custom install.
3) Select protocol IPX.
4) Within the components list make sure Novell NetWare IP Protocol
(from document 2949924 on http://www.novell.com)
4.71 on Windows NT 4.0
When installing select
IPX only. The Client can also be reinstalled without removing it
You can either reinstall selecting IPX only or do the following
There are two ways to get
to the Novell Client Configuration Control Panel. Either A
A) From the Novell tray Icon.
1) Right Click on the red "N" in the
2) Select "Novell Client Properties".
B) From the Control Panel:
1) Select Network.
2) Click on the Services Tab.
3) Select "Novell Client for Windows NT"
4) Click on the Properties button.
Now you are at the Novell Client Configuration Control Panel.
1) Click on the Advanced Properties Tab.
2) Select "All", or "SLP General" in the "Parameter Groups" pull
3) "Use DHCP for SLP" should have a setting of "off" in the
"Setting" pull down.
©2003 ShadowSupport firstname.lastname@example.org